HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zunō Kimyōna

Zunō Kimyōna

The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] Empty
PostSubject: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:09 pm

As one who would have had even less than rudimentary knowledge of Zunō would have expected, Zunō had his face stuffed into a book. Sure, he may have recently been promoted to Genin, but it was only a couple days ago and there was much to learn and perfect. He hadn't been assigned a squad or a leader and he didn't even have a private tutor or anything...he wasn't sure if it was because there was a lack of higher rank shinobi with spare time or if just not enough students had graduated to warrant calling in more experience shinobi, but the lack of a sensei wouldn't stop him from learning something new.

His thirst for all things knowledge current had him engrossed in a particular title: "The Art of Utilizing Shuriken and How To Perfect One's Technique." He was reading it side by side with "Aerodynamics: A Soaring Start" as he was quite confident that learning wind resistance would aid him in understanding the proper trajectory in regards to both the angle and the force behind one's toss. Surely there was more to perfecting shuriken accuracy than just simple wrist technique and holding position as clearly it would be much more important to utilize how situational wind current can be and-

**CLUNK!**

Ah, his brand new headband, sporting the symbol of Hyougagakure, had once again slipped down and clashed again his glasses. Neither were damaged of course, but this had been the third time today. Zunō wasn't sure if it was because they had given them the wrong size or maybe there was only one size and his head was a might too small, but regardless it was a tad distracting so he undid the headband and retied it around his neck so it would be much less of a distraction.

Zunō then went back to his readings, unaware that he had not only not touched the lunch he had made for himself but that some of the other Genin were starting to stare at him from across the library, perhaps because he had brought a meal with him to a place where it honestly wouldn't normally be approved of nor allowed.

Last edited by Zunō Kimyōna on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psychosis

Psychosis

PostSubject: Re: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 pm

A soft, uneven patter of sandals touching the ground echoed where Kuro went, an annoying demonstration of his clumsy nature, and inability to be stealthy. Indeed, he had passed the gennin exam with little more than his wit and intelligence, as his physical attributes were lacking. Rather, he was physically fit in the same way one expected a gennin to be, but his actual skill at close combat left quite a lot to be desired. If he had not been nearly perfect on the written exams, even his decent ninjutsu score would have failed him. The more trained ninja would notice this aspect just from the way he walked, his pace uneven, and his breathing off. He was not balanced as others were, except that he seemed to be impossible to knock over. A strange thing, but unbeknownst to him it had helped decide his passing grade as well. Potential lurks everywhere, the aware ninja argued, thus his potential was not entirely overlooked.

It was just his luck that he was not assigned a team, but meant to operate with whoever he could find. He was unsure of the political reasons, but the impossible thought that he was deemed not worth the effort would not leave his mind, despite logic dictating such a thought to be nonsensical. His idle wondering was interrupted as his idle wandering came to an end, reached a sparse seating area. The academy still had the library, which was often used by lower ranked ninja. Though it did not hold any advanced jutsu, it did have knowledge that required at least gennin status to acquire. Such was his purpose for today, a book he had seen as an academy student, yet only recently attained the rank required to borrow it. Taking a seat, he barely noticed the ninja close to him, merely two seats away. Once he took out the book, titled "The Legend of The Toaster-Man", he paused, finally noticing his fellow gennin.

"Er... is this seat taken?" He was really unsure how to talk to other people, even those his own age. In fact, he was most comfortable when he was speaking to a teacher or adult, despite the far too common condescension they used with him. Still, he figured it would be polite to ask at least. Not that he really planned to get up either way, but still. Well, he might. He was never too sure with situations like this. The same nervousness that held him back from other people during his academy years was acting up again, he noticed. He was well aware of his weakness towards other people, even if he lacked the ability to stop it. He knew he was weak, but what could he do?

He felt a bit self-conscious in his open jacket, particularly since he never wore a shirt. A small benefit of his bloodline that let him endure the cold of the village as if it were a sunny day on a tropical island. The same happened in reverse, so his outfit rarely changed. In truth, he was quite happy with his outfit out of sheer comfort, but in terms of appearance it was... not comfortable at all. The blue shorts and ab-covering bandages made him feel exposed when people looked at him, though he refused to show it. Even so, it was clearly evident if one paid attention. His teachers had hoped he would grow out of it, but gennin were afforded more weaknesses than higher ranking ninja. It was only fair, as they were just children. At least he was proud of his blue hair and goggles, though. His father had given him both, and he kept them as a promise to himself that his father's beliefs were wrong, even if his love for the man did not diminish.
Back to top Go down
Zunō Kimyōna

Zunō Kimyōna

PostSubject: Re: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Thus far, his assumptions had been correct: a deep understanding of wind direction and intensity would be very much important when trying to connect with a shuriken. In fact it would seem to be more important than force but equally as important as technique and poise, much like when one attempts to perform well when playing that one child's game with that flying disk...Frizbee? Yes, much like that, only much more deadly and thus precision and the practice to acquire said precision would be that much more of an importance.

In fact is was so much more important than force that is was clear as day in Hyougagakure with no snow or clouds (a rarity indeed, in all honesty). Even someone who could apply more force than normally physically possible for the average human would need to value technique and his current environment much more than his excessive force for a shuriken was no simple melee weapon and one's control over it after it leaves one's grip is so minuscule that-

"Er... is this seat taken?"

much of the power behind one's throw cannot be consistently applied or altered in any way and thus pure strength on it's own is likely the least important factor in regards to properly utilizing shuriken in one's arsenal. Furthermore, prediction would seemly be a major factor due to the aforementioned loss of control which would obviously lead to planning and attempts to predict the location or future location of your opponent, which opens up a brand new thought process to explore.

Also someone had clearly spoken to him.

Zunō mentally bookmarked his current reading locations in both titles before looking up and over to see whom had addressed him, and what he saw could only be considered a bit odd: a male genin (much like himself) who heralded from Hyougagakure according to the headband around his arm (again, much like himself)...but that was where similarities ended. Past that, this young shinobi seemed older by a small bit, had hair that was a very dark hue of blue, and wore goggles atop his head against said hair. The goggles had yellow lens while the rest of the frame was red, but if Zunō were to be wholly sincere, none of the previous things were what he had considered a bit odd: it was the fact that this male was wearing some sort of jacket that was left completely unzipped and unbuttoned, yet with no undershirt of any sort being worn underneath, causing massive exposure of the majority of the upper-body...but the most sincerely bizarre part was that from roughly the solar plexus to where the male's shorts began was wrapped up in bandages, covering up the entire abdominal region.

It left Zunō a might perplexed because, on one hand it would seem he desired no true protection against the cold and yet on the other, he did desire at least partial protection? But didn't such a flimsy attempt to cover one's self defeat both purposes and thus would have brought one to go for either extreme over a sort of equilibrium in this case? Also the male had already taken his position before enacting his inquiry and had made no attempt to undo said position, so was there truly a reason to ask if what he was doing was acceptable to another if he clearly had shown via his actions that the desire or opinion of another was not important enough to change his decision?

And he hadn't responded to them yet.

Zunō pushed his glasses up back to their proper position, as they had digressed slightly due to his reading posture, then provided the genin with an answer.

"Oh...the answer to your inquiry is no, both in the literal sense as that section of the academy's furniture was not previous occupied until you yourself took up residence there, and in the abstract sense as I have no negative emotional attachment to the space next to me being occupied nor with your person being whom occupies it." he replied in his typical tone...which was to say there was no tone at all and that no emotion could be detected despite his eagerness to respond.

Hopefully that would be a satisfactory response and that this male comrade would find it acceptable.

Zunō then returned his attention to the titles in front of him, hoping to soon find more about prediction in both target location and wind currents from the respective titles, pulling a grape from one of the many in his substance container and popping it into his mouth whilst completely unaware of some of the students behind him giggling.
Back to top Go down
Psychosis

Psychosis

PostSubject: Re: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Well, that had certainly not been what Kuro expected, but... it did present an opportunity he did not have before. Judging entirely from the manner of speaking, this kid did not have many friends nor was he bound by societal expectations, similar to himself. If nothing else, it may make for a good conversation, something he was lacking in. People kept to themselves, their thoughts, despite being surface level, hidden away out of fear. Those willing to expose their thoughts to others were rare, especially for ninja. Kuro himself was guilty of this, more in the understanding that no one tended to actually listen rather than fear. Still, it was interesting. Despite his preference for more fantastic tales of adventure, Kuro was an avid reader of the sciences, particularly engineering and physics. While he did not exactly master wind, he did recognize those books.

He debated for a moment whether or not to strike up a conversation elsewhere, but the thought kept nagging at him, the memory of his difficulty with throwing weapons coming back to him. He should probably leave well enough alone, but helping a fellow ninja would be fine, right? Even if he may not like it, there was some valuable knowledge that could be shared through this encounter. It would not be a stretch to say helping people was a key component of what Kuro stood for, so the idea was obvious.

"I dont want to interrupt, but you know that book is a bit off, right?" He felt that same old nervousness creep back into his mind, before he steeled himself. "I-I mean, as useful as it is, trying to use it to the letter without extreme conditioning towards that memorization and replication would be difficult. Rather, it would require extreme practice to take advantage of all that knowledge fast enough for it to be effective. I always find the best way to deal with air differences in throwing is to have a single practice shot first to judge how you should adjust your next one. That way, regardless of the wind or temperature/air pressure, you will have a decent idea of what to expect after you throw one."

He paused, his voice stuttering again after that speech. "Sorry, I tend to ramble, and I didnt want to interrupt your reading, just... I tried using the same method and it never worked for me. I just didnt want you to waste your time." One would think being raised by a dangerous assassin would make him resistance to social ills like nervousness and fear. The truth was, while he was absolutely immune to the horror of seeing death and gore, simple conversation was a much different story. "I'm Kuro by the way."

It was a belayed introduction, one unlikely to be satisfactory, but certainly enough for now. He assumed he had spoken out of turn, and too much at that. Usually he preferred simple, short answers, saving time and effort, but because he had initiated the conversation, he was off balance, resorting to a more instinctual response than his usual planned one. Still, he hoped his fellow gennin would not take offense to his statements, he just knew how terrible it was to waste time on a subject that could not be used effectively. It was at that moment that the thought came to Kuro, the idea that while he may have failed at it for various reasons, this gennin's fighting style could be completely different, and thus allow him to master it far easier than Kuro ever could. It was not as though he was dissatisfied with his combat style, just that he understood it had weaknesses.

The simple fact was, Kuro preferred long range combat, but was comparitively slower than close combat types, meaning he had to constantly be on the move, lest he be cornered. Because of this, he did not really have the time to take every environmental factor into consideration. If he were faster, or could think faster, perhaps, but he was just a gennin. A tiny part of him doubted he would ever be more...
Back to top Go down
Zunō Kimyōna

Zunō Kimyōna

PostSubject: Re: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Zunō had not been able to progress much further in either title before the male attempted to communicate with him once more: at best roughly three and a half pages each, though what could be considered as 'half a page' would likely differ between each title due to variances such as text style and size and page shape and size, not to forget augmentations such as bold and italics or underlines for page headers and such.

From what Zunō had gathered, this male comrade was suggesting, in simpler terms, that perhaps book knowledge can only go so far and that a physical testing would perhaps be more useful in determining proper technique as well as current weather conditions and how to adjust for them. In even simpler terms, the old adages 'practice makes perfect', 'learning is best went put into practice' and 'experience is the best teacher'.

The male also introduced himself, though it had been done a bit later in discussion than most would find acceptable. Zunō wasn't bothered by this however, and rather than dwell longer on the general impatience of society and what was deemed acceptable, he decided to respond in a more timely manner than he had done so previously.

"I concur wholeheartedly: I would indeed find it much simpler to physically have a practice toss to both refine technique and have an increase in information of the current situation in terms of weather and, more precisely, air movement. However, while I value the adages of 'practice makes perfect' and 'experience is the best teacher', I suppose that I value more highly the adages 'An investment in knowledge pays the best interest' and 'Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.' What I may be able to learn eventually through sheer effort and practice I perhaps could learn through gathered knowledge and little practice, and even if that ends up not the case, what knowledge I were to acquire here could provide useful in later situations. Perhaps I could find myself in a bind where I cannot afford wasting a single shuriken, or perhaps I cannot risk the chance of notifying the enemy of my position, but regardless I must still be successful in hitting my target. I'm not gifted in most variations of combat and thus my performance significantly improves from a proper distance, thus my seeking to improve myself in distance combat. While I indeed have plans to perform physical experience training, I assumed I could find something of note within these pages that I could then have stored in memory for my later experience building."

Zunō adjusted his glasses during a quick pause before further addressing the male. "Though I must say, I appreciate your support and suggestions: you seem to be well-informed, which I can appreciate. Kuro, was it? Kimyōna, Zunō. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." he said formally as he offered his hand, once again not noticing the now more audible giggles behind him.
Back to top Go down
Psychosis

Psychosis

PostSubject: Re: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm

He was glad he had not come off as rude. Despite his general kind nature, his words were often misconstrued as a verbal attack, to the point where it had further alienated him from his peers. Still, Zuno seemed amicable enough, certainly more than anyone else had been. However, there was something... off about him. From an outsider's perspective, it would be obvious there was something off with both, but self-reflection was not something Kuro had done, at least not to the extent of being aware of his subconscious decisions. The most obvious sign that they were different from their peers came from their use of language. While Zuno's vernacular was obviously above the norm, it was the way he displayed it so openly that made the difference. It meant he took pride in what he knew, and that he was someone who valued knowledge itself, even if it were not always useful. A vast difference from Kuro, who was pragmatic in his obsession for knowledge. A more interesting difference was that Kuro's use of language lacked the same pride that Zuno's had. It was clear he was not focused on his own knowledge. The two most likely reasons for this were a desire to have everyone understand his words, and a simple lack of pride in any sense. Of course, Kuro did not realize this, and most observers were not intelligent enough to notice.

"Ah, you prefer book-learning then? I prefer experimentation myself. Doing things to learn more about the things you are doing. Er. Sorry, I speak weird."
It was a common complaint of others, and something he did not know how to rectify. Again, he was not able to really deal with the subconscious that guided him, whether it was reading it, or changing it. "Either way, I was more saying the book is incomplete, but a great start. Actually, there are a few books that could help if you are interested. About the minor details that can change thrown weapon movement, I mean. One in particular really delved into air pressure and temperature. But if you want to practice, I would be happy to help."

An offer to help was not a rare thing for Kuro. He liked helping people, if just to see them happier afterwards. Despite his aversion towards crowds and groups, one of his most defining traits was empathy, something that kept the tension between him and his clan high. Of course it also had the benefit of giving him a special type of charisma, one of sincerity. How Zuno reacted to Kuro's offer could display that, but equally, it could change either, or both, of their lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]   The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Loser's Club, Tundra Edition [Kuro Kyohaku, Private, No Death?]
Page 1 of 1